Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Zoltan Mesko: Marine Biologist.

I tell you, Coach! That day, I was a marine biologist!!!

Memorial Day is often spent at the beach with one's family. Such was the case with the Mesko family, celebrating Memorial day in traditional Romanian fashion as they frolicked in the sand and waves and enjoyed the abundant sunshine. But this Memorial Day, Michigan punter Zoltan Mesko created a memory which will last a lifetime.

"I was just walking down the beach, and then I saw this enormous beached whale! I tell you, he had to be ten stories high if he was a foot.
For some reason, the whale had a hot dog stuck in its mouth and it appeared to be choking! It was a sight to behold - such a magnificent creature crippled on death's door because of a simple hot dog. I swear to God, the whale could almost talk. I thought I could hear it screaming 'helllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllp meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!' through the hot dog clogging its mouth. I heard whales are amazing communicators and are incredibly smart, but this is beyond belief."

"The sea was angry that day, like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli. But I made my way towards the great fish. An incredible calm came over me. I don't know if it was divine intervention, or the kinship of all living things, but I tell you, that day I wasn't a punter - I was a marine biologist! So I rolled up my sleeves, reached in, and pulled out the obstruction!"

After the hot dog was removed, Zoltan recalls the whale groaned and rolled its massive body back into the water, not to be seen for the rest of the day.

Truly incredible. Autumn Thunder salutes your bravery, Zoltan Mesko!

2 Comments:

susieandrew said...

awesome =) love that episode!

Unknown said...

+1 for Seinfeld reference

 

Don"t Click Here