Friday, June 29, 2007

Movin' To Brooklyn.

Manhattan. City of dreams.

After I left Michigan, I moved to Manhattan, and for the past two years, I have been working and going to grad school at NYU at the same time. Thank God my time at NYU is over. Believe me - any school with no football team isn't worth attending. I rationalized living in the 2nd most expensive area of the planet by reasoning I needed to be close to campus, and wanted a reasonable commute to work. For all you Autumn Thunder readers who are not familiar with NYC, you may not really know how expensive living in Manhattan is. Think of your apartment rent in Michigan. Double it, add $500, and shrink your apartment to one quarter of it's current size.

Now that I'm out of school and can no longer justify the mad crazy costs of living on the island, I'm moving to Brooklyn, where I'll pay 75% the rent I pay in Manhattan. It's still an arm and a leg, but it's not the financial kick in the balls Manhattan is. Here's a picture of my new neighborhood:

Brooklyn. City of blecchhhh!

It may not be much, but hey, I can afford food now! Plus, Mikey will have much more room to romp around.

The Cowbell Commander isn't one to vent about his personal life. I only tell you this because in the moving process, I will be without internet for several days and might seem like I've gone underground. I'll hopefully be back by the end of the week.

Go Blue!

0 Comments:

 

Don"t Click Here